Welcome

"Since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be?"

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Beginning



Hello reader, thanks for reading my first post. I started this blog to keep track of my thoughts and experiences as I study abroad in Oxford next year, but then I thought, Hey! I should have been doing this all along. What better way to explore and digest your experiences than by writing about them?

In case you didn't know, I am a sophomore at Gordon College, majoring in English with a creative writing concentration and hopefully minoring in Philosophy. My days currently include reading Charlotte Bronte, debating theories on the philosophy of religion, writing papers on the Trinity, and driving through heavy traffic to eat heavenly Chik-fil-A sandwiches.

The quote I wrote at the top of my blog page is a verse that I happened to open up to in my Bible today (2 Peter 3), and I thought it was pretty relevant for what I want to do in this blog. It reminded me that this life is so fleeting, and what really should matter is the kind of person that I am, or rather, that I should be— someone… who God would be proud of. Through writing, I hope that I will discover the person I really am, as well as the person I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment